PSP 2009 Games, Top 12 Outstanding 4th Quarter



Not in any specific order. From top to bottom, left to right:

1. Tekken 6
So far I like what I am seen in Tekken 6, I especially like the long list of characters, the new characters, and the outstanding graphics. I am not so sure if the breaking of the ground was a good idea though. I did not much know about the stories behind some character. The first "King" on the original Tekken died sometime before the 3rd Tournament Of Iron Fist? Wow! And here I thought he has been the same wrestle character ever since the beginning. So the "King" we see now is actually a second version.

The following from Amazon:
In this fighting game, could someone pick the main character? Is it Jin Kazama? or Heihachi Mishima? Well, I had always thought that Kazuya Mishima had been the main guy since the very beginning. I guess I was wrong.

A must-have for Tekken aficionados, TEKKEN 6 sees the return of many familiar faces as well as new characters to create the largest line-up the series has ever seen. With a growing roster of fighters, each equipped with their own deadly techniques, martial art moves, and attack combinations, TEKKEN 6 will be the best “King of Iron Fist Tournament” yet. Adding to the already rich gaming experience, a deeper character customization feature will only enhance the incredible fighting intensity as players go mano-y-mano. Optimized for the PSP system, TEKKEN 6 will not only contain all the explosive action of its home console brethren but also feature additional stages, content, items, and an ad-hoc multiplayer mode. Fighting amongst friends is encouraged as players can battle wirelessly against each other using original or fan favorite characters. Rounding out its list of impressive features is the return of the “Ghost” Infrastructure mode, which allows players to upload their “ghost” character data and download others’ from the Internet onto their PSP system. When players have reached the height of their TEKKEN fighting skills, they will be able to see how they stack up against others through the game’s network support.

2. LittleBigPlanet
Very fun game, I love the adventuring, it just wakes up the kid inside me. I am sure everyone could enjoy LittleBigPlanet on the PSP. I still have a long way to go on the game. I have just started playing, but I can already foretell that it is epic, and no doubt will be one of the instant classic games. I think the difficulty of the game is close to none, but what is more important here is fun factor on gameplay.

I was really entertained combining different types of clothing onto my own delightful little sack person. Walla! you see the one created by me on the video just above. I think he looks very cute, and I specially like the many expressions he is able to do.

I recommend this game very much. It is really a good all-clean, safe for kids game. Although adults may also enjoy it too

3. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
GTA: Chinatown Wars is a great game, and if you have been following the GTA series it should be very familiar to you. I have enjoyed playing it for the little time I have spent on it. The story begins with Huang Lee arriving at the airport, then he gets jumped and kidnapped by two unknown characters. Lucky he lives to tell the tale. I love the action here, and you might not necessarily be a good guy here, because you will be involved in refusing, ditching the cops, and sometime take guns and shoot people. I strongly believe that all GTA games are strictly for the more adult, mature audience. It is not for kids, because besides all the violence and such, there is foul language and more adult content.

4. Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
I think one of the best looking games for the PSP in 2009; Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines has excellent graphics as you can see. I still have yet to play this game, but the one thing that intrigues me the most is the story. Seems very epic and I am quite curious how the plot is.

Here is more on the game from Amazon.com:
Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines on PSP is the first Assassin’s Creed game on the PSP. It follows the story of Altair right after the events of Assassin’s Creed as Altair tracks down the last Templars who fled the Holy Land and retreated to the Island of Cyprus.

In Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, you'll take on the role of the daring Altair, striving to execute a mission against the Templars and honing your skills to become a Master Assassin. Run and climb anywhere you please in an expansive, open-world environment as you pursue your deadly aim.

5. Gran Turismo
I love driving games, and Gran Turismo has been know for being one of the best driving simulators ever to hit the gaming industry. Now with the release of the PSP Go, comes the brand new Gran Turismo. Here on this video trailer shows comparison between real driving vs game driving, and can quite see the similarity. I really think that the best feature Gran Turismo will have is the variety of cars available (over 800 cars), and also the multiple tracks on where to race (45 tracks in all). The are some flaws though, there is no online interaction, which is a big minus point. The graphics are looking good, some might say not great, but I will personally see for myself before ranking it. Gran Turismo will be release the same day PSP Go is to be released: October 1st, 2009.

6. Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Kenka Bancho is a great fighting game for the PSP, with new innovative features never seen in other beat'em up games before. You know how when you see fights, even in boxing, there is a real tension seen between the fighters before the actual fight. You can sense the stare-down, like saying I will beat you to a bloody pulp or something similar. Well, that is simulated here. It is really nice feature, although I am not very good at it..lol.

I think you will like this game if you are into fighting, of course. The scenario here is who is king of brawlers between tough guys from different schools. You do not fight alone. You create your own little gang. You as the leader must make it known that you are at the top, and no one can stand against you.

The controls are good and the overall gameplay is fun. In a scale from 1 to 10, Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble gets a 7 from me. I guess the sometimes saving of the game is not so user friendly. I would have also liked the actual audio for dialog. I think that would have earned more points from me. Nevertheless it is an good game.

7. NARUTO Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising
Just released a few days ago for the PSP. Based on the popular anime series Naruto Legends Akatsuki Rising for the PSP, and PSP Go. The players have access up to 10 favorited ninjas, including the feared Akatsuki organization.


From Amazon:

NARUTO Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising will incorporate multiple modes of play including two-player cooperative or versus play via ad-hoc local wireless network. Original Mode lets players experience the Gaara Retrieval Arc as they battle enemies through lush, 3D anime inspired environments. Scenario Mode introduces all-new side-missions to pick up Skill Scrolls which increase your character’s abilities including attack, defense, health and other numerous indicators reflected through all modes. Akatsuki Mode will let players gain control of members of the Akatsuki organization for the first time in a brand-new storyline, discovering the Akatsuki's true intentions while Naruto was searching for Gaara. Finally, find out who the best ninja is with Versus Mode by battling against a friend or the computer in one-on-one fights.

8. Adventures to Go!
So far Adventures To Go for the PSP has been a good RPG for me. Very addicting, and it is quite fun. Explore the many types of planes, monsters, treasures, and overall different adventures without leaving the city limits, and best of all you decide your own adventure by placing an order once per day. Adventures To Go is very unique, and what I also like about the game is you can create your spells too, by the way of combining shards. Shards seem like special magic rocks. You can combine fire shard, and blade shard to create a fire spell. There is a extensive combination as there are shards, but a single shard won't make a spell. As you can tell (see my video above), I am just with two party members (Finn, and Alina), because I have just picked up this game. I am now getting a third party member; One who fights with hammer (Gifford), and has high Health Power (HP) level.

I guess if i had to change something about the game, it would be that sometimes while in battle mode I tend to do mistakes. The controls are not very helpful, and while you can undo moving, you can't undo other actions like attacking a specific grid (setting a monster trap), or defending. If I would be able to undo these two actions, the game would have been better I think. I absolutely love the graphics, but maybe inputting voice sound to some conversations would have been better, not that I do not mind reading dialog, but it is much convenient to have them talk.

I think I will finish Adventures To Go, if it is not too long, and does not get boring later on, I hope. I really do recommend you this game for those into RPGs. Until next time friends

9. Invizimals
Sorry, I do not have a proper review for Invizimals. It can only be played with the addition of PSP Camera accessory. I have heard good feedback, and gameplay seems awesome. Besides that I have seen the demand it has to this point and so including it on my list of top 12 was a must.

10. Avatar
Has nothing to do with the anime. And here I thought it did. Looks good to be a sci-fi though. To be honest I look forward to seeing the movie than playing the game. The game will be available on Sony PSP, Playstation 3, PC, and Xbox 360. Schedule to be out on 4th quarter 2009. So that means; very soon.

11. Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
Well I think if you have played the previous version of PES, there is not much difference from 2009 and 2010. I could be missing more of the detail features of it though. About the graphics: It is really amazing for being in a handheld. Country selection virtually all countries are here included.

12. Astro Boy: The Video Game
Astro Boy The Video Game for the PSP is great, even though is based on a movie. Sure the game is said to be a replica of how Mega man game is, but I think it has its own unique style. The cool thing to see here are the beautiful 3d renders all over the place. I especially like the the shooting part when he is up in the air fighting those machines seen on the video above.

Astro Boy can shoot, can slide, can fly, can punch, but I think his energy level is very low. Just a few hits and he collapses. That might just be because he is still a boy...Well, its a good game to play if want my opinion, and the movie should be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment