Pool Strike: Best and Hardest 8 Ball Pool Game Ever

I remember back in the days, when I was just discovering the wonders of the Internet, that I was fascinated by a website called Miniclip. It was something new for me at that time, as I had access to a collection of flash games, more or less interesting, keeping me entertained for hours.

Pretty much like my old Chinese SNES copy and those 9999 in 1 cartridges. Except Miniclip actually had 9999 games. Man, how time flies…

Back to my then-newfound passion for flash games, I remember spending hours with a billiards game. Or 8 ball, as I later found out it was called. At that time, I wasn’t allowed to go into a bar or anywhere where I could play this for real, so a flash game was more than enough.


As the years passed, I remained a fan of 8 ball games, as it became one of my favourite methods to kill some time. And when I discovered that I could play it on my smartphone, I had a real blast.

Still, whether I was using iOS or Android, the app stores were basically invaded with such games, so it was difficult to find one able to...well, drain my phone’s battery completely, due to playing for maybe too much.

And then I found The One: Pool Strike, from the folks over at Funiza. It was exactly what I wanted. Or you can call it ‘love at first sight’.

Obviously, one of the first things that impressed me was the way this game looks, thanks to the realistic physics engine it uses. After playing a bit, I also noticed the fact that you could upgrade your cue and choose from more than 100 models, if you earn enough coins to get them, of course. Because yes, there’s an in-game rewards system, giving you coins for various achievements.

Oh, and don’t expect this to be an easy game! It can be pretty challenging and even annoyingly difficult at times!

But these are just a few general aspects…

Pool Strike can be considered the next generation online sports game since it gives you the possibility to play with your friends - because you can play more than 1 vs 1 - and chat with them between shots. And speaking about shots, a thing that I really like is that if you succeed to win in the first turn, you are awarded a Pool Strike table bonus, something reserved for the best players.

So yeah, this game acts as a social network for 8 ball lovers, if I’m allowed to make this comparison, as you can also get friend requests from other players, not to mention that the developers thought about a way of keeping players motivated. I’m talking about offering bonuses for the best player of the day, of the week, and even the month. Pretty cool, don’t you think?

Overall, I’ll take the liberty to call Pool Striker the best, but also the hardest 8 ball pool game I’ve ever tried. And I tried quite a few. If you’re up for a challenge, then give it a shot! Pun intended.

Check them out here:
Pool Strike on GooglePlay or
Pool Strike on AppStore

No comments:

Post a Comment