6. Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth brings the classic PlayStation game console title to your PSP -- with completely new CG cut scenes that dramatize the epic of a Norse maiden collecting souls for a war between the gods. Lenneth is a Valkyrie, a warrior priestess with the gift of hearing the thoughts of dead and dying men in their final moments. Lenneth's duty is to travel Midgard, the mortal world, to recruit and train the souls of worthy warriors to join the ranks of the Aesir in the Sacred War.
5. Star Ocean: First Departure
Thanks to Square-Enix, the original Star Ocean has finally made it to the United States in the form of Star Ocean: First Departure. A PSP remake of Star Ocean, which was never released in the U.S., First Departure adds several new elements, including all new backgrounds and a tweaked battle system, while still preserving the exciting storyline and themes of the original.
Back to the Beginning
It is Space Date 346, and in a sleepy town on the planet Roak, defense-force members Roddick, Millie, and Dorn are on yet another dull patrol when a mysterious plague begins turning people to stone. Fortunately, Ronyx and Ilia, members of a Terran Alliance reconnaissance mission, beam down to the surface just in time. They explain that the plague is actually a biological weapon, and they take the defense-force to the space vessel to discuss how to save Roak from this mysterious attack.
The majority of this role-playing game (RPG) actually takes place in the past, because the party realizes that the only way to save the people of Roak is to collect a particular genetic sample from the Roak of old. The game play of First Departure is fairly traditional RPG that has you moving about the world map on your journey, traversing towns and dungeons, progressing the plot as you go.
Choose the Right Strategy
You enter battle either using basic melee attacks, special arts that require MP points and that can grow more powerful with use, or spells that also require MP points but take time to cast and can be interrupted before completion.
Tactics let you set strategy commands for your characters before they enter battle and can be changed in the middle of battle. All characters will fight according to their set strategy, with different situations requiring different strategies.
Private actions are sometimes offered as a character approaches a town on the world map. These private actions depend on timing as well as which characters you have with you as you enter town.. The outcome of these private actions will affect subsequent private actions, for better or worse.
All New Artwork and New Characters
Star Ocean: First Departure uses a slightly altered version of the engine used for Star Ocean: The Second Story, but with many similar features. However, the pre-rendered backgrounds and 3D battle fields have been given new artwork and animated cut-scenes, and new playable characters have been added.
First Departure has been given a much more dynamic battle system, letting you control a character while the AI handles your teammates. During battle, characters can move freely about the field, executing normal attacks with the X button, and performing special attacks with the L or R triggers. What's more, you can switch characters at any time with a quick press of the Circle button.
First Departure also features an item creation system that lets you create new weapons and items to help you in battle, and an extensive skill system for developing your character as you play. You can boost certain party attributes, spending SP on skills to increase your fighters' speed in battle, for example, or spend points that develop your item creation ability and raise your character's strength.
4. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Enter a time where the land Ivalice has been divided by the War of the Lions. Play as either Delital Heiral, the hero who stopped the war, or Ramza Beoulve, whose role remains a mystery. These two characters help you to unlock and discover the history of the war and Ivalice.
* Witness the origin of the Ivalice Alliance, a series of titles that take place in the same world as Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
* Animated sequences combine hand-drawn style visuals with computer graphics
* Enhanced widescreen presentation, new jobs and new characters
* Challenge friends in head-to-head battles with the multiplayer function or team up in the co-operative mode and try to outwit the game's computer opponents
* Introduction of the Onion Knight and Dark Knight class
3. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
* Square Enix's FINAL FANTASY TACTICS series takes a major step forward as a lost tale of political intrigue, conquest, and rebellion, set in the Valerian Isles during the age of Xenegidea, is retold.
* Choose, but choose wisely: The choices you make as you lead the Walister Resistance will dramatically change the fates of both your enemies and comrades
* Master the nuances of the Non-Alternate Turn System battle engine and unlock the secrets of the Wheel of Fortune ? where time itself bends to your will ? as you lead your forces to victory
* Hundreds of skills, dozens of complex characters, and a wide variety of job classes fill an epic tale that unfolds before you in a fully 3D game environment and cinematic sequences
* A multitude of endings determined by side quest completion and player decision-driven plot changes provide nearly endless replay possibilities.
2. Final Fantasy
The tale begins with four young warriors, each possessing a Crystal. They are summoned to bring the world back to a harmonious elemental balance. During their voyage, they discover a powerful being creating turmoil in the structure of time. To prevent this entity from taking control of the world, the heroes will travel to places they never imagined possible.
1. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Seven years prior to the events of FINAL FANTASY VII — The Shinra Company is rapidly increasing its influence through its monopoly on mako energy and military might. With the burgeoning city of Midgar as its base and symbol of prosperity, Shinra is on the verge of establishing absolute dominance over the world. SOLDIER is a group of skilled combat operatives within Shinra. The elite within the group — those strong enough to be deemed SOLDIER 1st Class — are respected and idolized by the citizenry. Zack is a young SOLDIER 2nd Class who aspires to become a 1st. He spends his days carrying out assignments under the guidance of his 1st Class mentor, Angeal. During an operation in Wutai, a large number of SOLDIER members, led by 1st Class operative Genesis, go missing. The severity of the situation prompts Shinra executives to deploy even more SOLDIER operatives in hopes of bringing an end to the war with Wutai—and conducting an investigation into the mass desertion. The ones assigned to the mission are Zack, Angeal, and the 1st Class hero who is known the world over as Sephiroth... What truths lie behind Genesis's disappearance? What secrets bind the three SOLDIER 1st Class operatives? For Zack, a cruel and fateful struggle awaits...
* Complete the FINAL FANTASY VII experience and reunite with the most recognized RPG characters created by world-renowned character designer Tetsuya Nomura
* Witness stunning graphics, inspiring visuals, and gorgeous CG cut scenes coupled with top-notch voice acting in a 16:9 widescreen presentation, made possible by the PSP system hardware
* Innovative D.M.W (Digital Mind Wave) system enhances the action-packed, engaging, real-time battle system, allowing players to unleash special attacks or call upon iconic Final Fantasy summons
* Take on challenges with the all-new “Hard Mode” developed exclusively for the North American audiences
* Acquire unique accessories made available through 300 side missions to further enrich the gameplay experience